Many of you know that I have struggled off & on with my health for many years and I am always trying new foods, diets, supplements & protocols to try and heal my body. I am often referred to as a "health nut" or "health nerd" ha ha!
Unfortunately, towards the end of last year, my health declined to the point where not even my special diets & supplements were helping. I lost 10lb, felt sick all the time, was throwing up, could not seem to recovery from illness, had zero energy, and I was an emotional wreck. I did not feel like myself at all (mentally & physically) and I suffered from a mountain of symptoms that would vary depending on the day. I tried my best to go on with normal life and keep my health struggles private but it was getting to be too much!
Some of the symptoms I experienced:
- digestive upset
- high blood sugar
- extreme sugar cravings
- ALWAYS hungry
- exercise intolerance
- pounding heart
- low energy
- muscle fatigue
- brain fog
- trouble focusing
- racing mind at night
I was irritated and embarrassed that, despite eating a healthy diet and following all the "health rules," I felt much sicker than those who just didn't seem to care and were able to enjoy sugar & junk food all the time!! My body was clearly trying to tell me that something was wrong and that things needed to change. So, I finally decided to bite the bullet and find someone who could help me dig through my layers of symptoms and figure out what was REALLY going on. That's when my friend, Laura Atterbury, of Imperfectly Whole Life - a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P) helped me discover answers & healing. Laura works with clients to help them find the root cause & heal through functional lab testing, diet, and targeted supplementation. Through Laura's program, I had my gut, hormones, and thyroid tested. I then discovered that I was dealing with an inflamed gut & stressed immune system that was not functioning properly. ( I also had a parasite, Candida overgrowth & was highly allergic to gluten!) My hormones were out of balance, my cortisol levels were high, and my thyroid results showed that I suffer from an autoimmune thyroid condition! (This is most likely the root cause & reason behind my gut, adrenal, and hormone imbalances). Finally, ANSWERS! With those answers, I embarked on a healing journey with specific protocols laid out by Laura to help my body heal.
It has now been seven months since I started the testing & healing process and the difference in how I feel is astounding! My husband has made the comment "I didn't realize how bad you felt until you started to heal! The real Rachel is back!". I am over the moon with the changes in my mental & physical health! I still have a ways to go, but I now feel SO much better and more like my old self!!!! I can hardly contain my excitement!! After not feeling great for such a long time, it is the most encouraging thing when you start to feel like yourself again. I am forever grateful that Laura & I connected with each other...she has been a huge blessing in my life!
This is why I want to share with you a few things, that not only helped heal me, but things that you can incorporate into your own lifestyle to help support your body!
1. Test & Find Answers- No more Dr. Google. If you feel like something is not right, and nothing seems to work..don't wait like I did!! Find someone who can help you get the answers you need!
2. Eat REAL Food- Stick with plant & animal based foods, not something that was created in a lab & processed in a factory! Remember, you are what you eat!
3. Sleep - Make getting restful sleep a priority! The body detoxes & heals itself when you sleep which is the key to feeling good! Sleep will improve every aspect of your life and will help you cope with stressful situations.
4. Incorporate Essential Oils and use them consistently! I used to think essential oils didn't really do anything except smell good, until Laura showed me how powerful essential oils can be for healing & overall wellness when used in a safe & educated manner. Essential Oils are a true health gem when used correctly, consistently, and from a reliable source. I have been using doTERRA's oils as part of my healing protocol for the past 6 months, and I firmly believe that they have helped my overall healing, immensely! I will continue to use them long term for not only myself, but for my husband, dog, cat, and horses!
Below are just a few ways that I have incorporated Essential Oils into my daily life!
- Hormone Balance & PMS symptoms with ClaryCalm
- Energy & Mood with Peppermint & Wild Orange
- Relieve anxiety, tension and stress with Balance, Serenity, Lavender, & ClaryCalm
- Non-toxic Bug Spray ( worked great when we went Hiking in North Carolina!)
- ^^ Makes a great Fly Spray for horses as well!
- Peppermint Cooling Spray for the summer months
- Improve Sleep with Serenity, Lavender and a homemade sleep blend!
- Balance blood sugar with Corriander
- Relieve Sore Muscles & Swelling with Deep Blue
- Support immune system with On Guard Protective Blend
- Seasonal allergy relief with Breathe
- Digestive support & relief with Digestzen
- Homemade non-toxic dryer sheets
- Homemade cleaning products, wound care, emotional support, and SO much more!!
If you are interested in learning more about doTERRA Essential Oils, I would love to mail you some free samples! I want to help you feel better too!
If you're interested in receiving a free sample, email me at email@example.com or visit www.mydoterra.com/racheltaylorwellness